Everyone has a dream. In fact, everyone have many dreams. Some are superficial. Yet some are realistic. I have got a superficial one. Thats my inception. I recently watched a movie called inception which really struck me. You build your own dreams in your dream. Confusing? Some how things get really confusing. I have my own dreams. My own expectations.
When I was a little girl, I dream that I was a little princess living in a perfect world where there are no such things called natural disasters. As I grew up, I dream that I am a girl living in a perfect world trying my best in everything. Now, I don't dream. I have my own expectation. I expect myself to be someone, smart, intelligent, self-droved and responsible. What about hope? I hoped that time could go back. Turn back to the past when I can correct my own mistakes.
My parents had high expectations of me. Not only my parents but my grandparents. "You are from St Nicholas Girls' School" and thats what my grandparents and parents always say. Since I am from St Nicholas Girls' School, I am expected to do well in everything. Thats what everyone thinks. Even that old man say so. This is reality. Perhaps it is because my school has top scorers. My own dream is to make it to one of them in sec 4. My only hope now is to take triple science and get a good subject combination.
My brother had no expectations of himself while my parents have high expectations of him. Is this called one-sided expectations? Then again my brother dream of going to SJI yet he is not doing anything. All my parents hope for him is to at least go into express or Catholic High Sec. The least or most they can do for him is to pray to God, and pay for his tuition.
Then when I like someone or at least maybe or perhaps. All I can do is just hope and its just a superficial dream. If it ever becomes realistic, there will be more hope and higher expectations.
Some times, life is like that. All you do is dream, expect and hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment