17 November 2009

THE GREAT BEIJING TRIP!

BeiJing Trip
MY impression of Beijing before I go there:

I thought that Beijing was a HOT city and quite traditional and nothng much there. But it totally changed.


7th November 2009-DAY 1:

I DRAGGED MYSELF OUT OF THE BED in the morning at 6am telling myself that it is the great 北京 adventure. YAWNS. I did my usual stuff before leaving the house. We then took a taxi to the airport, TERMINAL 3. We then checked in our lugguage and ate big breakfast at Macdonalds. There goes my great diet plan again. D: Then we went in and shopped for a while and then go to the gate where we were supposed to go to and went into the plane. While waiting for the plane to take off, I played games. My freaking brother is sitting in front of me. :0 Beware of him! He is damn noisy. My plane took of at 8.25am though I told VIVIAN that I was about to fly off at 7am because I want to turn off my phone as my mother was nagging at me to save battery. -.-' Then on the plane lazed around and I watched random shows. Like... Anastasia? WTH is that. Hmmm... Ice Age? Then I ate a lot of stuff on the plane. See? There goes my great diet plan once again. D: Then the flight was delayed by 1 hour and landed around 2.30pm and we taxi-ed to the hotel, which costs 112rmb (divide by 5 to find the original price) before checking in into the hotel, courtyard. The gate of the hotel was this turning thing and my brother and I walked rounds and the gate. We then check in into the hotel and went to our room. We put the lugguage down and went to New World Shopping mall (beside our hotel) to eat dinner. There goes my great diet plan again because I ate fried rice. D: We then met my brother's tuition teacher's friend and he passed us something to pass to my brother's tuition teacher. He then brought us to see the Tiananmen square to see the night view and we walked more than 3km just to reach the square. WTH. He said that the journey was short but to me, it was freaking long! We then walked one round around the Tiananmen square and then went to see their theatre (something like esplanade). That is more than 5km already. BeiJing is so freaking big. We then taxi-ed to wang fu jing and my father ate scorpians. Its so gross because its scorpians. Alive or Dead are still gross. YUCKS. I ate cream balls. Wow. I failed my great diet plan. We then taxi-ed back to our hotel. Bathed and packed my stuff and slept. The weather temperature was 14 degree celcius.





8th November 2009-DAY 2:

YAWNS. I woke up at 7am and did my usual stuff. The temperature was kind of cold and it was around 10 degree celcius. (To Idiots: I know the temperature because I watch the news before I leave the hotel) I wrapped myself like some bao. 3 layers. -.-' We went to eat Macdonalds and I ate big breakfast. There goes the great diet plan again. D: We then went to look for a driver to fetch us to the Tiananmen square. So we found one but he said the square wasnt open. So we told him our alternative plan and booked him and his car for a day. He is kind of nice and kind and told us many things about BeiJing. First, he fetched us to the bell tower. It was so big and tall. We paid money and then went into the bell tower and it was kind of cool. In the past, they used to ring the bell in the morning and evening I guess. But now, they only ring the bell during Chinese New Year. The bell had been there since or before the Qing dynasty. Gosh. That is so cool. (: The staircase was kind of steep and I counted that it was 72 steps up to the bell? And the bell is made up of bronze. When I went down the stairs, I was screaming like no one's buisness. It was so steep that I could feel butterflies in my stomach. Sighhhs. We then went to the souvinier shop and my brother bought his miniature teracotta army there and its his favourite. I dont know why but he loves it. I can tell. We then sat this trishaw and the people cycle us in the hu tong (those old villages) to the carpark and we saw many rugged places. But I guess that Singapore was like that in the past. And it was right to keep some culture in BeiJing because they have strong cutural backgrounds. We then alighted and went to find our driver. He then fetched us to the Great Wall of China there and the journey was 1 hour 30 minutes long. I slept and we reached the foot of the mountain to the Great Wall, I was shivering cold. I can't stand the weather. Sighhhhs. We then ate subway before buying the tickets. We cable car-ed to the mountain and it was so high up. Gosh. The view was so nice. When we reached, we start taking out our cameras and SNAP pictures. (camwhore) Maybe not. Haha. We walked and walked and climbed and climbed. We reached a part when there was no one and we screamed hello and take pictures. I said hello to Mr Qin. (: SMILES. I saw this old woman and I really pity her. She came up the great wall just to sell food and no one really buys from her. She was practically staring at the 100RMB. Its kind of sad. How I wish I can give her some money or something. But I can't because I got no money. Gosh. Really. Its the 7 wonders. GOSH. No wonder. Its huge and awesome. Amazing structure! WE then reached to a certain part when we had to sit the slide (on a thing) then slide down the slope to the foot of the mountain. Gosh. It was damn fast and scary. Whee~ Whee~ Whee~ We then met the driver at the carpark and asked him to drive us to Wang Fu Jing. We saw a heritage church and it was big and beautiful. Wow. We then ate dinner then shopped and I bought chopsticks. We walked back to the hotel. ITs like 3km?! So far. Gosh. (: Any ways, it was 8.30pm when we reached the hotel and by the time it was 5.30pm, it is dark already and it seemed like it was 7pm at night. :0 DONT BE DECIEVED. Went back to the hotel with broken legs and bathed, read my story book, THE GOOD LUCK GIRL, packed my stuff and slept.








9th November 2009-DAY 3:

I told myself 'GOOD MORNING!' and I jumped off the bed at 7.30am and did my stuff. I wrapped 4 layers as it was freaking cold. Sighhhs. We then went to eat at YongHe DaWang (Yonghe king). I love the dou jiang (soya milk.). We then went to meet yesterday's driver because we arranged with him already but sadly, it was Monday and he can't drive his car out because some people cannot drive on a certain day as there are too many cars in BeiJing. So he introduced his brother and his brother was our driver for the day. First we went to the tallest tower in BeiJing. It was so tall and we could see the whole of BeiJing. But sadly, it was kind of snowing. D: And I was freezing cold. D: We snapped lots of pictures there and then he drove us to Fagrance hill park. My parents made me climb up the hill and I was crawling. You know... Use your common sense, I WAS THE SLOWEST IN THE FAMILY. Isn't that wonderful? (NOT) WE later had a hard time climbing down because it was slippery as it snowed. WTH. Might as well don't climb in the first place. -.-' Something is wrong somewhere. Sighhhs. We then went to the carpark and saw the uncle and he fetched us to Summer palace. Over there, we ate Macdonalds for lunch. (: Yes, I failed the great diet plan again and it was freaking cold there. We went in into the Summer palace (It is a place for vacation of the royal family). It is freaking big. What?! There is a lake in there and a bridge with 17arches. Sighhhhs. And it was on a hill. We climbed down the hilly place and climbed up the hilly place again and I was almost breathless. Obviously the emperor doesn't have to worry about that because he just need to sit on a chair and his servants will carry him around. That is wonderful isn't it? But my legs are BROKEN and its TIRED. The emperor at that time lead a good life but not me. I was suffering climbing those freaking steps. But its really awesome to build such a thing huh? A summer palace with elaborate paintings on the wall and the ceilings. Cool. We then went back to the carpark and find the uncle and I was frozen. :P and went to YaShow market to shop. There was a huge traffic jam. Gosh. WE then walked over the bridge and my brother and I were shivering and shivering because it was almost 0degree celcius in the evening. GOSH. We ate dinner and then shopped for stuff. I bought a trench coat and the price was 390RMB but I bargin till 100RMB. Proud of myself. SMILES. (: We went to Uni-Clo (If you don't know whats that, check it out. Its a shop.) and the Uni-Clo was 4 stories high compared to Singapore which was only 1 story. GOSH. I LOVE UNI-CLO and the price of the clothes are quite reasonable too! We then taxi-ed back to the hotel. I packed my stuff, bathed, read my book and slept. (:












10th November 2009-DAY 4:



YAWNS. I dragged myself out of the bed and did my stuff. I wrapped 4 layers and the night before snowed heavily. And I knew that it was going to be freezing cold. D: I wore 3 socks. I must be mad. Any ways, we went to YongHe king and ate breakfast. I love the dou jiang once again. (: After we ate, we took the Subway to the Tiananmen Square. Yay! We figured out how to go there. Isn't that wonderful? It is because we are smart. We then went to but the ticket to the Tiananmen gate. We can't bring our bags in so my mother and I went in while my father and brother take care of the bags and vice versa. :D The gate was awesome. Its so big and tall. Its like so huge. WOW. And guess what? Its just a gate. Nothing else but a gate. We then walked to the forbiden city. And it was so freaking big. And the paintings were all so elaborate. My brother and I played with snow and we threw snow balls. (: So fun. But SOMETHING IS WRONG SOMEWHERE. THE CITY IS JUST A CITY AND THAT CITY IS IN A HUGE CITY(BeiJing) AND THAT SMALL CITY(forbiden city) SEEM TO BE A BIG CITY. Get what I mean? Maybe not. I'm trying to say that it is too huge and you obviously can't finsh seeing all in a day. So we walked and I saw the throne and wished that I could sit on it and be the emperor or empress for a second but too bad. They do not allow us. D: Sighhhs. We walked to the garden and guess what? The garden is huge and it is not make up of flowers. It is make up of stones. STONES. Wth. And the whole thing is stone. -.-' We then went to JingShan Park where this emperor hang himself there and we climbed all the way up (I was the slowest again) just to see the whole view of the forbiden city. And the city is damn freaking big. The roof top was covered with snow and its very pretty. :D Indeed it is. (: We then climbed down and went to eat lunch. After that, we MRT-ed to the bird nest, which is super big and nice and on the way there, my legs broke because the train was crowed adn we had to transfer a few times. GOSH. And my brother gets to sit because people see him as a little kid so they give way to him. WTH. I'm a kid too! (Joking) After seeing the bird nest, which was really pretty, we taxi-ed back to the hotel and ate YongHe King. I was kind of frozen some how. We then went over to Glorymall to shop and they have H&M while Singapore don't have?! I bought lip gloss and then we went back to the hotel. I bathed, packed my stuff, read my storybook and slept.










11th November 2009-DAY 5:



Whee~ Its the 5th day and I was surviving well in BeiJing. I woke up at 8am and did my stuff. Then I wrapped myself like a bun before going out. We ate YongHe king again because we loved the Dou Jiang. I was shivering on the streets because it was almost 0 degree celcius. We then MRT-ed to the zoo and saw the Giant panda and my mother said that I am a panda because all the pandas do is eat and sleep and I almost do the same thing and she said that the pandas are fat and I'm fat too! Cool. We saw other animals but its a sad thing that they don't give animals grass to walk and all they have is cement ground. They all seem so lonely and sad. There are no trees and so on. Very sad right? Singapore have trees for the monkey while the monkeys there don't have. My brother and I played with the emus and they are really cute. We picked up snow and walked around and they followed. When my brother threw the snow at them, they thought that it was food and went to find the bits and pieces of the snow. But I really pity them that they have no one to play with. Maybe when I grow up, I'll go and play with them. (: We then went back to our hotel side and ate MacDonalds before going to the temple of heaven. You know what? The dumb us, walked half a round and instead of turning the other way and walk for a while then is the ticket place. WE WALKED HALF A ROUND OF THE FREAKING PARK. Any ways. The temple of heaven is really huge and big. How they think of that? Its really cool. But the emperor fast in the palace in the park. -.-' PALACE?! Haha. We took a lot of pictures and I misinterprate the phoniex as the peacock because the carvings really look like one. Sighhhs. At night, we went to book the Lao She cha Guan (performance house) and then we eat the BeiJing Roasted Duck. Gosh. Its so tasty and awesome. We ate at a restaurant in New world shopping mall. (: I love it. After that we went back to the hotel and I bathed, packed my stuff and read my storybook and slept. Nights to me.











12th November 2009-DAY 6:


Bleh. Its already day 6 and time passes really very fast. D: I woke up at around 8.30am and did my usual stuff or what they say? ROUTINE. (: The temperature was around 0 degree celcius. :O I wrapped 4 layers again and wore 3 pairs of socks. I must be insane. We then went to eat Kung Fu. Its some how like the fast food restaurants there. Not the english but the chinese one. Don't get what I mean. No. I bet you get what I mean. Haha. Yum yum. Nice food. Wait. I failed my great diet plan again. :O Isnt that wonderful? Not actually. Because I'm growing fatter and fatter each day. Remember mummy said that I look like a panda because they are fat and they eat a lot? I don't want to be one. Actually we were wondering where to go. So my mum flip the 25 best BeiJing book and found out that we havent seen Mr Mao (Chairman Mao) body. OMGosh. Haha. (: It was kind of snowing heavily. We went back to the hotel and get our passports. Later, we took the Subway to Qian Men and went to queue up to go in. Since we can't bring our bag along, my father and my brother took care of our bags while my mother and I went in and vice versa. (: NO SNAPPING PICTURES. You'll have to go through the scanning thingy. Yeah. If they find you with a camera, they'll ask you go back out. PASSPORTS NEEDED. So we went in and saw his sealed body in the coffin. The body did not rot because they put a lot of chemicals in the body. BY THE WAY, IT WAS SNOWING BADLY. And my shoes were wet. My feet was soaking. And it was kind of numb because we were plaaying in the snow. So we went back to the hotel and soaked our feet because it was freezing cold. We then wore slippers to the shopping mall and everyone were staring at us. Hehe. We then ate lunch and went back to the hotel and we were rolling about the bed. Then we went to blow dry our wet shoes which don't seem to dry. -.-' After that we went to the lao she tea house and we got lost some where because we thought that it was in the hu tong (old beijing) but it was actually at the da jie (main road). So we ate KFC and then went there and get our tickets before going in to watch the show. There are many snacks and guess what? I ate. And I drank lots of tea. The performance is awesome (the changing of faces and so on) COOL. Maybe? YES IT IS. After that we went back to the hotel and I bathed, read story book, and did my stuff and went to bed. WHAT A COLD DAY!











13th November 2009-DAY 7:

Sighhhs. I woke up at 8.30am and was too tired. So I did my usual stuff and the temperature was 5 degree celcius. (: Much better than yesterday. So wrapped 4 layers and went out. We ate Yong He king. (: YAY! and then MRT-ed to BeiHai park. And we mistook one temple for another. D: So we wasted our time and so on. The BeiHai park was actually an imperial garden and it was so freaking huge. I climbed to see the white, huge structure and was really scared to go down the staircase. After that, we walked to the nearest MRT station, which is NOT NEAR AT ALL. And went to the silk and pearl market. We ate lunch at the restaurant opposite and we ordered chicken it turned out to be hard and cold. SO GROSS. Grandmother's chicken. Then we walked at the pearl and silk market and bought nothing. :D So WONDERFUL. We went back to the hotel and went to SOSHOW shopping mall and bought movie tickets to watch 2012. :D The show was kind of awesome. We ate dinner then went to the theatre and their popcorn have colour one. So cool. WATCH 2012. Because its very touching and some how like a 'roller coaster ride'. Its very 'ci ji'. NICE SHOW. I like it. Then went back to hotel. Packed up the lugguage and read story book and slept.






14th November 2009-DAY 8:

It was the last day. I woke up at 9am. And did my usual stuff and ate cup noodles for breakfast. I read finish my storybook, the good luck girl. And it isn't so nice after all. Then we went to Wang Fu Jing. (: I bought some stuff there and then ate lunch and went back to the hotel, checked out. Taxi-ed to the AIRPORT and their airport was so freaking big. LOL. Then bid goodbye to Beijing and left BeiJing.
.










If you want more pictures, you can come find me on MSN. (:

No comments: