I'm back from facilitating CC1 camp.
And guess what? I don't wanna be back here. Its like a camp that thought me more than I have ever expected. All I expected was to have fun and talk to the sec ones.
But. I learnt more than my original CC1 camp.
Confirm, plus chop.
So it took my quite some time to find my old blogpost on CC1 camp 2 years back then. Hmm..
Day 1:http://lil-light-of-mine-letitshine.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-just-came-back-from-church-camp-and-i.html
Day 2: http://lil-light-of-mine-letitshine.blogspot.com/2009/06/day-2-31may-2009-camp-was-quite-fine.html
Day 3:http://lil-light-of-mine-letitshine.blogspot.com/2009/06/day-2-1-june-2009-first-to-wake-up.html
Please don't laugh at my English. Okay. So I realised I changed a lot since sec one when I was reading. My spiritual thoughts and all.
So I had spiritual preparation the day before camp and yep, wrote a letter to Jesus. To be truthful, I was really afraid. I wrote in there saying I didn't know what to do. I realised it was week 3 and I haven't started on homework at all. I also wrote that I didn't go for confession and was really sorry about it. I thought everything would just screw up for me. Like I did not even pack my bag and all. I was afraid I can't talk to the teens and all.
But guess what. I took back more than what I expected. So lets start with day 1.
The cool me who slept like around 4hours got up at 6am and got my butt out of my house. So I went to the vending machine there and there were some sec ones there already! So chatted with them. It kinda started off really really awkwardly. But soon it got really better. Said hi to my group and I have really nice people in my group. Martha, Ronald, Natalie, Brandon, Shirley, Joel. So got on the best and FMM HOUSE OF PRAYER. Still remember the times where Geraldine dropped her phone and we gather around a bed a night and start gossiping. Then got high and played ice breakers before going to get down to some serious stuff by creating persona of Jesus! So Brandon is our model and our persona is Jesus the loving lamb and he went down on fours during the walkway to the stage and all. Everyone looked really retarded and stupid. So its like fine. The sec ones got really high. Then came along the afternoon session about the skit which Brandon acted as God and had many scenes. Some how even Joel participated. So sweet. Something that I'm proud of is that I can actually engage him into writing his journal and all. For a person like me who is impatient and some how, I don't feel impatient when I talk to him. Somehow.
Okay. Then came the super fun part when its like freaking epic. THE TELEMATCH.
So thats like about the dirty stuff. We had dog and bone in mud and like everyone put slippers on top and the catechist sit there. So what the evil facils did was to drag them off. We even managed to lift Benjamin wong off the ground. Then was all the disgusting stuff.
At night was some deep sharing part where I shared my life line. The ups and downs. I realised that more or less, I can communicate with the teens and all. And surprisingly had fun talking to them. And for a person who don't actually share anything much kinda shared when I found out : hey. I used to be on the same boat. Maybe I have a solution to make them feel better. So I decided to open my mouth to share. It came out really easily. So after that was debrief and all. I died on my sleeping bag the immediate moment when we got up on the bed.
For day 2. Second group to head of to Botanic Gardens for our amazing race! Well, we were still the first group and beat my brother's group plus we completed all. I kinda admire the whole team's spirit for like managing to encourage Joel and all in into the games and he even enjoyed it. So I learnt a lot of things. Like co-operation and all and Brandon who loves holding the map but stands at the back. And everyone some how even though half dead in the morning and all but were still really hyper. And all were so efficient and helped each other. So went back and rest and get ready for mass and sharing. Tried my best best to stay awake and yes, I did. Had a feast for dinner and talked a lot. After that, went down and had some sharing and went to write notes to the CC1s. I slept the earliest apparently... 2.50am but woke up the latest.
Day 3. Woke up did laughter therapy. And then did affirmation after breakfast. Then had some debrief and left campsite.
Yes, so I prayed that uh to be able to be a good facil. I'm going to zi kua a bit but I think I am a good facil. And after going Chiang Rai and help the kids and all. I realised, maybe I can work with the younger ones well. They seem easy to approach and kinda my job. I just forget everything, all my fears like afraid of standing in front of crowds and all and shared and talk to them.
I think I learnt to be more patient especially with noises? I used to hate people for talking when others are talking. Nono. A lot of people talking at background. I'll get super annoyed and throw my arse tantrum and walk off. Well, but through this, I learnt to be slightly more patient and all with things and always remember. Teens first and we're doing this for got. I guess I drew closer to God. I don't know why, I feel so separated from him ever since sec 3 started. Perhaps I've been spending too much time with friends that I neglected him. Well, I also learnt to be a neater person. Logistics and all. And guess what. I'm the best camper in the world. Okay. Back to this. I guess this camp changed me to be a better person, to be closer to God. If I have the chance to facilitate this badge again, I'll say yes. (although, I have to tahan my brother who was being annoying)
Next stop for the June holidays... CC3 camp.


No comments:
Post a Comment