Explain the picture above.
The picture above depicts a stack of books that nerds read.
Alright, "A home without books is like a body without a soul"
Currently, let me rephrase or change this "phrase" to 'A student without textbooks is like a body without a soul' You know why? Firstly, If we don't have textbooks, we might flunk our test, as we flunk our test, we might not do well in a future and find a proper job. And without anything meaningful in life, no money, nothing to do, we have no soul.
Don't take this for real.
CA1s started. I'm trying not to complain or procrastinate here. I THINK, ENGLISH WAS THE HARDEST PAPER IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD THAT I'M GOING TO FLUNK IT AND RETAIN. Geography, Math, Chemistry and Physics was rather fine. I hope I pass those subjects, if not I'm prepared to retain... Seriously prepared to.
I get the whole idea of 'Consistent studying' and not 'last minute studying' in which, that was what I did for this term's continual assessment. I basically do my homework everyday. That is not consistent studying. That is just reinforcing on what I did for that day. Thats the reason why teachers give homework right? But the idea about last minute studying was really literally rushing Chemistry the day before the paper, rushing Physics the day before the paper and trying to squeeze everything into my brain. Apparently, I didn't memorise anything.
All I did was explaining some concepts to myself and doing the 10 year series. Which was quite fine... But the idea of 'consistent studying' is that study everyday without fail in order to reinforce whatever we learnt yesterday, the day before, the week before. I don't think this is quite possible with the amount of my homework. Including CCA. Don't forget, we need a time to relax.
St Nicks students end school at 2.20pm. By the time we reach home, 3pm. After we bathe, 3.15pm and judging by the amount of homework, 6pm without distractions.
Even so, what about CCA? We end CCA at 6.30pm? And when we reach home, we will finish our work by like 7pm-8pm. Some requires loads of thinking skills.
I wonder how do people cope. I sleep at 10.30pm or 11pm almost everyday without fail. If not, I'll just zonk in class which is not really desired by teachers...
And after crapping all of the above, I the point I'm trying to put across is that I don't really have time for the so called 'consistent studying' or its just that its my big problem.
Shit, I'm contradicting myself.
I realised the school really owe me my National Geographic Magazine. I miss readers' digest. And I miss my Chinese News papers. Now, I have to pay for my own readers digest $9.90 each time I buy.
Uh, this months one seems interesting. The one with Jay Chou in front. Its not interesting just because Jay Chou is there.
A lot of interesting articles. Hmm.. I have read one. I'll share one that I like most here when I finish the whole digest. :D
For now, excuse me a little, I have my Chinese tuition homework to do and study social studies, additional mathematics, history and the 'consistent studying'.

No comments:
Post a Comment