1) picked wood for the first time on 1/5/09 during our first greyguides outing at bishan park. still remember shihui wore a skirt. haha and then we all died walking. but we picked a lot of wood and dumped it at my house.
2) did cucumber treatment during greyguides outing 2010 wenxin and i are cool kids.
3)cooked using wood and matches and maybe a hole in the ground and we call it outdoor cooking
4) ate contaminated food with ashes but seriously, its nice. haha and I didn't die or have a bad stomach
5) learned knots and did gadgets which I enjoyed doing
6) doing a gateway structure witnessing people climb on the 'steps' tied using poles
7) getting 75% for all my tests
8) camwhoring HAHAHAHAH serious I have so many pictures!
9) Did serious stuff such as ASG and I can't play a fool. but it was a rare opportunity to help out for ASG.
10) Went at least 48 hours without sleeping during guides camp
11) scooping water from dome tents with alicia. I mean why always dome tent... when it floods it means scooping water. bet alicia knows what i mean but had a lot of fun.
12) texting buddies with huijan for like 2.5 years straight. and we invented :=] its called the pig face/plastic surgery face. it was so funny
13) help out at the guides shop at least once a month. means I learnt how to do stock-taking and did the cashier even though I'm so blur. Aunty betty is my budddyyyy.
14) because I helped out at the guides shop....

15) During secondary 1 camp, hiked from bukit timah to newton by foot and i've never done that before
16) 'hiked' with carnation and shihui from some unknown place (we got lost) to east coast park. it was fun though it rained and all.
17) slept on the grass for the first time. seriously, its very comfortable.
18) the first time I went bowling was with grey guides. :P
19) stayed over at a chalet for the first time with bbq
20) Played cheat with Melina, Jillian, Vivian and Ayana till 4.30am in the morning during chalet haha that was like the best. i'm the worst cheater in the world.
21) icecream at like 11.30pm during our chalet. I don't eat late during chalet. haha thats my first time!!
22) Campfire!!!! Singing campfire songs and getting high I'm so going to miss all this highness and going to other schools for campfires etc
23) Made icecream for the first time during icecream initiative.
24) Dance for the first time in my life greyguides dance is considered a proper dance... still remember how we practised morning, after school recess just for a campfire and we made stupid stuff to help us remember.. "underwear!!! one direction!!! dig dig up up peep. dig dig up up peep!! " that moment when everyone said it together while practising.
25) played mario kart for the first time in my life at xenia's house. Wah, I'm really bad at that. HAHA
26) given a position in guides made me more serious instead of fooling around and thats the first time I've gotten a position or something. I'm always the one fooling around.
27) learning to be cheapo when giving presents
28) DID I MENTION, ON 23/5/12, GREYGUIDES SANG....
"happy birthday to us, happy birthday to us, happy birthday to greyguides, happy birthday to us"
and everyone in the canteen was staring at us.
29) Helping backstage at Jubilate and SYF. saikang but I enjoyed!
30) stalking people with Sharlene Lee that was seriously hilarious
31) Having to wear a skirt because everyone was going to wear!
32) went to chiangrai to do CIP with a few of greyguides but we were the largest fraction. I miss the kids. awww.
33) dug poles out from the ground with my bare hands... mud spa. haha that was fun and we even met earthworms and whatnots.
I think there are many more first times but I can't really remember then. Well.. about my journey in guides...
1) Camp camelot'09
clarent patrol
2) camp theatre'10
romeo and juliet patrol with melina and alicia and we had to scoop water from our dome tents and alicia seriously enjoyed it.
3) camp wanted'11
Joker patrol with alicia again. I'm always stuck with her and we apparently had to scoop water from our dome tents again.
4) camp olympus'12
with greyguides :')
5) Went to the zoo with greyguides in sec 1 for flora and fauna in October after our tests.
And there was a peeing baboon and it kept playing with its thing.. HAHA we laughed and laughed till we cried or something.
6) Helped out backstage at Jubilate in secondary two and it was tiring
7) Helped out at SYF in sec 2 and we missed geog test together.
8) Helped out at sports day. SAIKANG. We had to distribute water and food It was super tiring but fun though
9) Outing at sembawang park where I did cucumber therapy and had lots of fun
10) first grey guides outing was on 1/5/09 and we went to bishan park to pick wood.
11) Ceremonial drills>> centenary
blur me had to march in front with other guides and I was kinda lost and it was really scary. HAHA.
12) Helped out at ASG. Trying to have a serious face is no joke. Had no youth day and did saikang for 3 days straight but I seriously enjoyed myself a lot!
13) enrollment on the 23/5/09 at pasir ris park.
http://lil-light-of-mine-letitshine.blogspot.sg/2009/05/i-am-enrolled-finally-after-waiting-for.html
14) helping out at homecoming.
15) farewell... :( 23/6/12 3years and 1 month together (':
I guess there are many stuff I did huh which I probably couldn't remember but I've learnt many things as a girl guide. Talk about being Kiasu. When I do a video, I'll save one in thumbdrive, one in my camera SD card and one on my youtube so if one screws up, the other doesn't. I mean I'm so cool right. Wait I always do that including documents--> in my email. Thats the guides motto: Be prepared
As a girl guide, I've learnt take initiative and to step out from my comfort zone and to face the world and make sure I'm useful and not useless. I hated to take initiative because I'm a very blur person and I cannot afford to like do wrong stuff or something. I used to be in my shell at all times.
I still remember how I used to giggle whenever I stand in front of the crowd. And now, I can entertain people easily and stand in front of a crowd, play guitar/talk/sing/laugh without going into stage-fright mood. Being shy was my thing. I was a quiet girl. Really. I never expected that either. I've to keep my patrol going too because I hate awkward silence.. that means stepping out of my comfort zone once again. To achieve my ultimate comedian/joker/entertainer state took me at least 3.5 years of hard work and effort of stepping out of my own world. It may seem easy to others when it comes to talking and all but it wasn't easy. I do remember there are periods of times when I shun myself out.
Not only that I've learnt to be very systematic or more or less systematic because if I don't, I'm going to screw up the whole patrol since I'm the patrol leader. I do hate stuff that are not systematic too!!!
Haha. Being a girl guide, I've learnt to be on time too. I mean if I don't be on time, I'm so going to get scolded and neither do I hate being late. I hate the feeling of waiting and I hate the feeling of making people wait for me so I've adjusted my time in such a way that I won't have to do so even if my friends are going to be late.
Not only that, being in guides, I've learnt to be the listening party and listen to everyone's gossip and well, that was really interesting. And I've also learnt to provide useful solutions when the juniors need instead of just joking around. I've always been the joker and will always be the joker but I've learnt to be serious when I need to.
Before I forget, I must mention that I'm not scared of bugs any more because I've literally slept with them and rolled on them during the nights during guides camp. I've slept under tents for at least 7 times. And I'm not afraid of getting dirty. I've learnt the importance of saving the earth and learning from my mistakes and telling myself not to repeat again. Though at times, I felt like giving up as a girl guide because there are many things to do and commit and I never really liked to commit myself to do anything and that my studies are like crap but I've learnt to endure, motivate and push myself forward. Which was something new: to be able to cope and try my best.
One creepy stuff I've learnt was to be able to stalk and observe pretty well. Wait, I'm good at that from the start but being a girl guide I've learnt to observe the people around me pretty well and I do know quite a lot of stuff which I usually don't mention but I just know it. HAHAHA its a talent. By the way, I was trained to do that. Don't ask me how. I think Beatrice knows about it... :\
There are many many more things I've learnt and gained from my experience as a girl guide and it will always be in me forever.
These memories will always be in my head like how I remembered stuff back dated all the way when I was a 2-3 year old child really clearly. And fond memories never fade away.
once a guide, forever a guide.
One thing I'll always remember is that I'm a sunflowerer, and a mynah maniac. Even though I'm eventually in mynah and am the Patrol leader, sunflower is still my patrol and I love both patrols equally. (:
Greyguides made an interesting chapter in my memory and I'll never ever forget it because I'll forever remember them. I've learnt so many stuff from my peers and through them, I've managed to grow in person and truly enjoyed myself these years. I really hope that we keep in touch and still go for outings followed by taking 1 hour to decide on where to eat/ go and wait for someone to just decide on something and then some start to whine but eventually follow. Fellowship sessions are the best and they will always be.
I'm very grateful to my juniors and seniors who made it possible and that with the help of facebook, I can still stalk/keep in touch with them. I'm so going to miss laughing and disturbing them so badly. I'm going to be a sad kid for the next few months. I'll definitely miss guiding and am SO NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO STUDY FOR OLEVELS AND GO ON FULL TERM MUGGING MOOD.
dark blue badge'09
green badge'10
white badge'11
red badge
yellow badge
dark blue badge
As we go on,
we remember all the times we
had together
as our lives change, now or never,
we will still be guides forever....




No comments:
Post a Comment