02 June 2012

... ... ... ...

I've been at a funeral for the past I think 5 days...
And its pretty much my first time being at a funeral different from a catholic one and its also my first time attending one from the start to the end.
So my grandmother had passed away while I was taking my chinese Olevel paper. And I guess I should dedicate a short blogpost to her and my experience at the funeral.
Even though I'm not really close to her, but I will still remember her really constant nagging. I mean, really. Every time when I visit her, she tells me in chinese/dialect that I've to lose weight and don't stare at my phone too much. Occasionally slipping $10 into my hands while talking to my parents. Yes that is my grandmother. I'm really grateful to her and I'm pretty sure she wants me to EAT LESS. Haha, that was what she told me like ever since I was young.
I went down on the first night of the funeral.. well, didn't expect much was kind of overwhelmed with emotions when the body was brought in and we all had to call what we usually call her. And then after that followed by prayer in which I followed. Well, then for the subsequent days, I had to travel all the way to CCK by train and on the train... 1) I lose balance and fall 2) I eat read book until I forget the stop. WTH. 3) I can't get into the train. I mean what in the ridiculous world is this.
Thats not the point, I learnt how to go to my Grandma's house by myself!!!! Bus 300, 4 stops lalala. So on the last day which was the day that was most emotional.. Well, a morning of prayers and I followed along before walking barefooted following the van out. We then reached Lim chu kang (??) we got on the bus halfway, didn't walk all the way though.. And then as we all watched the body go in to burn.. which is where everyone broke down and start crying (including me)... that was really uhm, sad..
Yepp, thats basically the end.

No comments: