Speaking frankly, I was kind of hesitant and reluctant to go because there were many things holding me back to go to this camp. However, because of that one time, I happen to sit beside this sec 1 girl (and got to know her) during mass and I've heard her rattling non-stop, I've decided that I could help to get this year sec 1s to get to know god better.
Yes, even though 4 days were spent on facilitating the teens, instead of studying, I must gladly say... I didn't regret to come for this year's CC1 camp. I'm very sure that what I've learnt and done during this camp can never be compared to guides camp at all. During guides camp everyone were just horrible seniors doing nothing during camp and not even giving our 100%. If we really care, juniors first.
day 1:
As the teens reached the STC, I panicked. Part of me was really afraid that my group members wouldn't open up. However, I decided to make the best out of it, to come out of my comfort zone and take the step forward to let them know jesus. So the sessions went really well and I'm really glad that by the end of the day my group members went from "I need my phone badly..." to not even mentioning everything about phone. You do know if you give 100%, got will give you 200%. I've experienced it in many ways before. Besides through day 1, I've learnt to be able to open myself up to the teens and learnt to step out of my comfort zone to push and prompt them further and for them to answer the questions deeply and all. Also, not only that, I've learnt to make eye contact while sharing and make the first step to share so that the teens will be able to share. Stepping out of my comfort zone was certainly not easy for me because I seldom step out of my comfort zone and share deeper about my life. And I've learnt that hey, I'm not that bad at prompting people. Well, even though I realised I was slightly too friendly with the teens will they may not listen to me during the activities.
Day 2:
Up and awake, being really hyper, considering the lack of sleep I have, I managed to be really hyperactive and then it was amazing race at west coast park to find JESUS!!! So we went around west coast park and played games with my teens guiding them along. Well, the whole day went really well even though it was tiring because I slept so little and having to keep my energy up for the whole day.
Still, I had a lot of fun with my group members and some how telling jokes and making each other high and everything. Also, the trust fall thing was really heartwarming. Standing on the chair and falling while their classmates catch them. Showed that they really trust their class in supporting them and catching them when they fall. The last game was the pegs where girls have to snatch pegs from the boys. HAHA. It was an interesting and wonderful sight. Well, spent the night writing warm fuzzies to the teens and reflections and slept around 2am-3am. Yup. Learnt to be more responsible and I learnt that I must not let my guard down especially when everyone is really hyper and all. After that was mass where Father emmanuel came to celebrate for us and I do love his style. And then followed by praise and worship. Its been 3 months since my last praise and worship.
Day 3:
Clear up and a time of sharing and reflection...
Haha, I'm probably missing the teens now. Now that I'm on the giving end, I really have to give myself 100% and commit myself 100%. I've learnt many things about myself and I'm aware that I'm very blunt with my words and everything. Not only that, I know that god is with me, everywhere I go and he is in each and everyone of my friends.
Well, I hope that the teens enjoyed themselves and learnt more about God.
Took me really long to type this post because I fell asleep halfway while typing day 2. incoherent paragraph.... :[
Feeling tired now and I'm going to sleep after I eat dinner. k. bye.
No comments:
Post a Comment