Ever since my BT2, time really passes really fast. Somehow, I wish I could rewind time and be a student again because next year, I'll be on the other side of the fence.
I must say that I've given my all for this exam and I've never had such discipline in my entire life until Alevels was over (then everything went downhill)
- Slept at 10pm and waking up at 6am- All for the sake of my pimples and it really helps me to concentrate during the day. It sounds crazy to sleep for 8 hours daily but I'm that of a pig
- Social media: LOCKED! - Instead of uninstalling it, I downloaded app locked and got my friend, xs, to unlock it for me if I really wanted to use it. Well, I only unlocked it once a day and eventually, it died down to 4-5 days to have one of them unlocked. It really works. Instead of going on instagram while memorizing geography because it was way too boring. I do not have the discipline to make sure I do not install it.
- Food: No fast food, No fried food. - I'm not that healthy but I did not have fast food for a long stretch of 6 months. All for the sake of my health. I feel much healthier anyway. This makes up for the time I do not really have to exercise. which explains why I'm in such a terrible state now.
- Water: 2.5 litres of water a day. - I drink so much that I go to the toilet to pee a lot of times. Its not bad actually. It keeps me awake when I study instead of drinking coffee. I admit I drink coffee though- to keep myself awake. But I do not encourage it because I think I'm dependent on caffeine. I drink coffee everyday on a school day though.
- How to have a social life at the same time: Study with my friends in the library. Not studying alone and yet, I do not talk while studying because I simply can't! Speaking of which, I'm really grateful to my library buddies- Weixin, Ngan, Bona, Evan, XinSiang & Jon.
- Music: Don't listen to noisy music or don't listen to music. - Its distracting. I regret listening because I get distracted at times.
- Studied in school everyday from 7am-9pm, studied in the library on weekends from 10am-9pm. During alevel period on some days: reading room near my house (I left my phone at home and only went home to peek at my messages during lunch) from 10am-10pm.
The teachers here are really supportive such that they never leave us alone. Really. (and I aspire to be like them in the future) I still remember Mrs Helen Goh nagging at me to always pick the right questions.
I'm also glad that I've joined saints advocates. Through that I've learnt so many things. Team Building Camp 2014 OIC, emcee and many little things that I've learnt along the way. I'm still quite afraid and shy of speaking in front of people. Nonetheless, planning for the camp had taught me to be practical and think rationally. Basically: Juniors first. They have to benefit most. Along the way, I had learnt to coordinate (It was no joke) and learnt that things that are not as simple as we think it is on the plan that we have to know our 100 page proposal really well such that we cannot refer to it in front of them. Dry runs are really important as we need to carry out to see if our plans worked. All the late night dry runs till 10pm and the many afternoon dry runs which require cooperation to work. Sticking to our budget and being stingy was what I had learnt during YFC.
All I can say is that I'm grateful for everyone and everything that happened in SA.
I miss being a student now.
This academic year wasn't so eventful.
Still lazing around during the holidays.
No comments:
Post a Comment