13 January 2012

now I'm climbing the walls

Its Friday and this week has its ups and downs.
Top highlight of the week: My Journey To the Parliament
My Journey to the Parliament was really an eye-opener. Don't laugh, I dream of being in there one day. But... that was never my ambition. Remember, I want to be a dentist and help kids straighten teeth and make them happy. And never do the plucking way because that was the greatest cheating way which most dentist do even if its not necessary. I'm serious. They just get the patient done with and whoo, 2000-4000 in their pockets. Back to the Parliament. When we enter into the sound-proof room, we have to bow to the  the speaker and when we leave we have to bow to him too. Not only that, I get to see ministers walking in and out. I've only sat for 40minutes and so I've only heard about the healthcare, inappropriate relationships between teachers and students and lastly, the most interesting part was the part on the flooding. Not only that, they even said that they shouldn't use 'ponding'! I remember vividly when my family was reading newspaper together and we were all laughing at the word ponding. It was used in such a inappropriate manner. My dad, well, being the weaker one in english insisted that ponding didn't exist... How funny. So, it was a vocab competition between mum, dad and I. Thats were the dictionary came to use. It is just like the full report on what happened which was really interesting. And that is where, I, a geography student apply my knowledge there with the drainage basin and the bed being raised and all that. Well, it was sad that I didn't get to hear the rest. Especially the highlight on SMRT! (the booklet said that there will be one) Well, shall check http://www.parliament.gov.sg/ out next week.
I was telling Beatrice that one day, we'll both go to the parliament at our own free time to hear their debate. Its not boring, I'm certain.
Apart from the parliament, this week was really hectic. More to come and I know that. I've spent 15minutes blogging and I'm feeling really guilty now. I'm not a mugger but I do know my own standards. Unless I work twice as hard as others, I'll never be able to hit the average. Which is unfair. I need a brain that remember more stuff more easily to make my life better. Yes, that is St Nicks for you. All the smarty pants and people who don't study... makes me feel... demoralised. And that is for a girl with 223 for PSLE in St Nicks. When.. Ms lim was like "Most of you with 250 and above.." In my heart, probably no one knows how tough it is to keep up with studies and not only that, when I caught up with a 250+ person, people starts talking about how it shouldn't be this way and all because I don't deserve it with affiliation and all... Well, with 2 top scholars this year, this is really going to be an interesting year for grey badge since its our 4th year producing the scholars and the results just gets better every year. ENGLISH AND MATH... I need a grammar crash course.
Okay, now the stress part. Should I go for PGA? Some kid here is in a dilemma. Its a big difference you know. Yes, I know its a rare opportunity but the thing is that, I'm okay with the planning but I don't have the knowledge and the ability to speak properly. They probably come up as crap especially the part when I just speak whatever that comes to my mind without thinking. Why must there be so many decisions to make in my life. 
Initially, I'm to miss the last day of church camp to go for guides camp at 6am in the morning but things got worse and I'm to miss the first half day of guides camp for chinese Olevel prelim. Then not only that, guides camp this march is 3D2N with a 2D1N campfire in June which its another gamble of my own schedule. If I include PGA, another gamble. 
I hate making decisions... I really mean it. I hate making decisions. 
Don't blame my schedule filled life. Meanwhile... time to study.. again.
Too excited for the onething music video!

No comments: