18 March 2012

Camp Olympus'12

Its been a while since camp olympus just ended.. Wait, it didn't end. It isn't complete without campfire, internal campfire and lastly... something I dread: Farewell. 
Okay, even though I wasn't there for the morning of this camp, my heart was still there. 
Reaching there at 6am... Stoning there and falling asleep because I slept at 2.30am the day before after leaving church camp at 1am. Yes, so slept. Watched the juniors falling in was rather heart warming. Can you believe it? 4 years later, we watched the sec 1s-3s falling in and reporting strength and we are not the ones doing it any more. 
Sadly, I had to go off to take the Chinese paper which I wasn't concentrating half the time because I kept thinking what were they doing and whether that they will finish the tent pitching and all... Yes so rushed to campsite after paper 1 to hear that they are doing well and that no help is required which I found it rather weird because we are the only batch of sec 4s not really doing the work and there was overcrowding at the flagpole. Well, I cursed in my mind.. Yes I did and was pretty sure that something good won't come along. I had to take paper 2 and then after that, went back after that thinking I could help with something.. So apparently they were doing their kitchen shelters and it was lunch so went for lunch and gobbled all the food I can so that I won't be hungry. Then went to clean the room up for the sec 4s and everything before going to prepare food for their outdoor cooking! Oh before that we kind of got scolded because of 'overcrowding'.. Yeah finally or something. I know I'm damn sadistic but finally someone is saying that we are really inefficient. :\
Apparently, I learnt that I'm careless queen. I can't cook rice or porridge. When I'm supposed to cook rice, I cooked porridge, and when I'm supposed to cook porridge, I cooked rice. You jealous? My skills so good, it was a sold out! Kidding. After that, while others went to do outdoor cooking, Wenxin, Me, Xue Ying, Abigail and all were cooking and we had to cut chicken and fry stuff. I'm probably the worst cook there... :( Even the soup is chicken!
Nomnom after that, we started preparing for the FBI game and even though it was too hard and confusing but I hope they actually enjoyed that and all even though it was almost cancelled because we didn't have enough time and all. Well, still, I guess it went fine. Then drank barely for supper and bathed at night before started doing the video for guides own. Yeah and did work and slept around 2 plus? 
The next day was really god's grace... Even though it was filled with emotions and everything... Well that is where my reflections come in and everything. 
Yepp so woke up at around 5plus and then see them fall in at 7am.. Looking at them doing horseshoe makes me recollect the past memories too.. Even though the horseshoe didn't look like one and they had to redo 3 times, it still looked beautiful. I don't know why...Then was breakfast which was noodles and then the sky looked grumpy... :( Well, because we live by faith, the skies cleared! Yes, the weather forecast was for once... rubbish. Inspection was next and yepp, after that was preparing for hike which I hope the juniors enjoyed it since it was a different kind of hike where the patrols goes to all the same stations... Well, Sam, Joanna and I managed to get starbucks and everything and we had to make an impromptu station with crafts and they had to find us which kinda failed because we hid really well. Sam in the trash bag, me under the tent, joanna at the corner. Yepp, after that was preparing dinner for the juniors which I found it saddening because only left with Xenia, Melina and I to cook and everyone went to do night trail since it was a meal for the juniors. Never mind that it was raining and we can't have meal ring but we didn't cook a meal for them. :( Well.. then was night trail which I scared myself. Okay now comes my reflection part... 
So after the talk with the guiders as a cohort or being reprimanded... I kind of sat down and recollected.. Forgetting about the teeth or bathing, I just sat down at a corner in the hall and recollected (It was raining). I insisted on being alone. Thinking the times on how the senior had treated us and we had treated the juniors, even though we wanted to bring the standard up, all we thought was us. I still remember when I facilitated CC1 camp last year.. To lead is to serve. Apparently... I didn't apply what I learnt before during this whole camp. Probably let my pride bring me down. I was too selfish. I wanted the best, I thought we were the best, yet forgetting the juniors come first... Now thinking back, how stupid we were. Not returning the sleeping bag.. Maybe because we had to rush but walking down in the hall, it hurts to see juniors shivering there. Which makes me think.. What horrible seniors we were, what a horrible senior I am. Complacency.. Maybe they didn't notice the loopholes but it was so ugly till I'm so ashamed of myself. I totally agree with our guides. Even though I disagree with the luck one but I agree with whatever the guiders said. Whatever they said were true. I feel like a snob.. (leading to today..) So I joined for junior catechist training. This was where I went today. I wanted to learn everything I didn't learn for the past 4 years. Humility, obedience and to serve. I want to make a difference. I want to serve God, I want to serve the younger ones. Even though joining this isn't going to be an easy road because it requires me to be open to trust. I sadly tell you, I don't trust my own friends. What is a safe environment is where I can be myself. I want to turn back time and even though I can't give it to the juniors since I wasted my camp away, I can give it to those in church, from what I learnt as principles of God and life to serve. I slept after that and the next morning was a whole emotional thing again. Rushed out guides own video and then had guides own. Felt so sad during guides own I swear if its farewell, I'll cry you a river. So camp ended with us sec 4s cleaning up. Talk about improving ourselves and giving what we really learn for the past 3.5 years back to the juniors. 
Camp olympus'12: Memories to be kept, many learning points to be practised, many things to improve on, friendships to be kept. 


No comments: