10 years passed so quickly. Its like 2012 now and it felt like I just entered primary 1 in 2003.
I still remember the orientation when I first when into MPR 1 and I was then assigned my class and then found out I was index number 3...
So I had this form teacher with thick english accent and I couldn't figure out what she was saying. Yepp, Mrs Regina Lee... So she pronounced my name and I didn't realise so until everyone was assigned to my seat I then realised I was index 3... So dumb right?
Okay then st nicks had this "bring your tray" thing w
here you put your stuff.. I was back then, perhaps the only one without a tray and my books were just in stacks.. Until my parents found out about it during parents meeting and bought me one... What was I even doing...
Yepp, primary one went by just like that.
The first food I bought was ice cream and that was during orientation. I gave the aunty 10 10 cents coin and she looked at me astonishingly.. LOL my mum gave me 10 cent coins back then...
Oh yeah today I had a chat with aunty. I rememberd my grandma came on my first few days of school and she told me there was tuna bread? the first bread I bought from the bread stall aunty (who remembers me) was tuna bread which cost only 60 cents and now 70 cents. Haha, time passed so fast. Aunty and I even talked about how they used to have that big big shelf outside and I had to queue..
I still remember the club house I had at the family lounge.. Can't really remember the exact details but that was hilarious.
And this is me in Primary 1:

Haha. Okay in primary 2, I got myself into a bit of trouble.
Yes, I bullied sarah and I really like don't know why. I just wanna sincerely apologize. Sarah, if you're reading this, I really wanna tell you that I'm really really sorry for what I've done. Oh yeah I then remembered I did quite a bit of naughty stuff and I have no idea why I did them but its fine.
This is me in primary 2... 4th one from the left.

Primary 3 and 4 passed in a blurry. I've made quite a few good friends but sadly we grew apart now. Its such a pity. Oh yeah, I remembered we played chess in class? Wth? and I kinda got it confiscated on the last day of school of primary 4 if I'm not wrong! haha. So lame. Anyway I've no idea how I pass primary 3 and 4. It didn't felt like a struggle. But it was seriously fast.
Me in primary 4... I was absent in primary 3...

Okay then came primary 5 and primary 6.
Had a group of friends which I hanged out frequently with. Why did I even think I was cool... Haha bet no one knows that I spent half the time playing basketball and going to the arcade. Yepp that was what I actually did. So I've yet to change my mischievousness yet even though I got into another class.. 5 hope and 6 hope was honestly a fun class even though I realised I didn't socialise much. I was quite anti-social as compared to now I think...
I still remember we used to play catching, hide and seek at the gym area and toilet and it became... guess the toilet cos everyone hid at the toilet. At times when we just like switched on the shower to prove that we're not inside and we just can't stop laughing. (oh my goodness.. why did I waste water back then...) or we got stuck at the bridge there.. you know thats usually the end.
me in primary 5....

I didn't study much in primary 6. I was in fact a slacker. Like I kept failing math. WTH. And then when it was time to do practise papers I actually kinda copied. Yes. So what was I doing.. And I used calculator for math and Mdm toh once caught me and she called me parents about it and Ms Lim was like "so I heard you wanted to retain is it?" Cos like the next badge could use calculator.
I thought I could get into st nicks secondary cos my science and chinese would help me.
Oh yeah I did mention before... my chinese teacher asked me if I was chinese... bah, is that a problem... pfft.
Okay, besides, I had no aim in life. I was like "Okay lor. anything.."
Then came when I got back my results and I got a 223 for PSLE. B for math, A for science, english and chinese. So I started to panic then because I don't know whether I could make it back to st nicks... And I needed to get back into st nicks.. I prayed so hard for it.
Me in p6...

Okay... So I was grateful I actually could get into st nicks secondary.. I'm sure it was god's blessing. Then again I didn't actually learn from my mistake.. I played my secondary 1 life away. I did nothing much except for scraping a 60-65% in secondary one and getting E8 for geography an D7 for history. No difference la. I'm just doing a lot better for math... I was still shy but mischievous.. What an odd combination. Really... until I joined guides I then started to open up. People who say UG sucks, I'm like HAHA.. right. I've grown to be more open. And I've made many good friends in guides in which I'm glad. Because they motivated me to work hard in order to match them. I don't know why but yeah I do know I had to work hard so it does not seem like I come into st nicks by pure luck or affiliation. Sec 1 was really blur. Like I didn't even know what I was doing. Life was pretty much like p6.. Just that I got on really good with grey guides. With color party and all.. (in fact, I've no idea how I opened up. I was really close) There were many things I dreaded but I still got through secondary 1. ie guides tests (which pasing seemed like a difficult task) And fitting in a little?
Holidays became more meaningful then... Or fun. Played like crazy.. I still remember playing badminton with vivian. HAHA.
me in secondary 1:

In secondary 2... I had to face change. We had to move out to the holding site at TPY. I hated it. I loved the huge school compound and I can even openly like tell everyone "my school is huge." So good. Secondary 2 got better. I grew closer to many people. Especially greyguides once again and 2 grace was seriously a fun class. And being a councillor/ someone with leadership position was something new to me in secondary 2... I honestly didn't know how. But I dreaded it a lot. Because being a leader was tough. Have to face so many class stuff in which I was like probably the worst/blurest councillor. It was tough because I didn't know what I was doing. But I did learn more responsibility plus I because a patrol second of mynah.... (there came change which I was forced to learn to adapt to because I was transfered from sunflower to mynah) I kinda like 开窍 then. I became motivated and I studied real hard. Like no playing. Not a lot. I studied my ass off like crazy! It was tough... :( I was determined to take triple science back then cos like my mum wanted me to take physics but I love bio. But I didn't make it but I had no regrets cos I gave in my first 100% or in fact the first time I actually make an effort. A1 for sciences, A1 for geography. A2 for mathematics. Still... the rest is like crap.
So subject combination came along and I took physics, chemistry, amath, emath, pure geog, sshist, eng, chinese.
Holidays were mostly spent doing retarded stuff. Going to the gym to play? Or watching movies every week? Or going to people's house or what Sharlene and I do... Shopping and Stalking...
me in secondary 2:

Okay, so when class allocation came out.. I got worried. This was in secondary 3... Once again there was change. I was so worried cos I scared I had to fit in and find a place. I remember stepping into 3 unity feeling like crap.. like I don't know anyone except for quite a few.. oh my goodness. how. You know that feeling? But now... I DON'T REGRET. In fact people that I didn't quite like were like opposite now. So like instead of creating enemies... I in fact made many friends. Hanging out with many different people and talking to them. I remember when en le was my desk partner.. She talked non-stop. Enle if you're reading this... I just wanna say thank you to you! Even though you're really so damn darn noisy at times but thank you! I thought I was gonna have a hard time sitting with you in term 1 but we got on pretty well because of your insecent talking. And vivian and I go for our recesses together. And knew so many people in a short span of 6 months and 3 unity was like home to me. sec 3 camp was really good cos I got to know so many people and step out from my comfort zone. Which is who I am now. Pretty bubbly and happy girl who is able to talk to anyone. To be honest, I don't think I can do it without unity. Still remembering our class outing to seoul gu
My only aim in secondary 3 was to get through it. I was worried but I got through it. passed english and 6 other subjects! yes! HAHA I FAILED both my math oh my goodness. I realised I needed help so I got amath tuition.
Sec 4 came and I became more active in class. Last time when people say "stay for class deco.." I'll be like "my foot. like I'll be of any help." and now this year.. I'm like "yes I'll help no matter what." And besides I became more independent... And many fond memories were made while decorating the class together or going for class outing... besides I had fun doing the class videos etc. Putting my useful slight talent into good use. And sharing the joy when we won second prize.. Everything was really great. And thanks for cheering me or trying your best to help me pass my NAPFA in which I've yet to even get a bronze. I'm gonna work something out during the holidays and I'll always remember in sec 3 when unity just cheered for me when I finally got a bronze. huge thank you.
Moving back to the original side... surprisingly... I still can visualise different parts of the school and can literally blabber my way off on how the school used to be at this spot etc.
This year I got bolder and extremely motivated to study hard and not make life repeat like PSLE. I could even like look for any available teacher just to get help. Booking ms yee or mrs ong or just randomly asking questions. No doubt I feel super paiseh but I have no choice. I don't want to regret. I decided to balance out my life in st Nicks. Not just studying but not to give up time with my friends. EVERY MOMENT SPENT WITH GREY GUIDES AND 4 UNITY IS PRECIOUS TO ME. Its not just about studying.. from what I learnt. I don't want to leave without memories... Indeed I feel loved and I don't think I'll ever feel the same in JC or Uni or whereever I decide to continue my education in the future. I'm so comfortable in st nicks that I can go around barefooted in st nicks! Mel and I walked barefooted to the toilet before. (we're gross. I know. but our shoes are wet) but seriously... St nicks is like home to me now. I love the culture.
I think I managed to adapt to quite a lot of changes pretty well in st nicks..
Sec 3:

Sec 4:

Everytime my amath tuition teacher says that st nicks is crazy or what. I feel like slapping him because outsiders seem to judge us as muggers or crazy people but in fact no. NO. NOT AT ALL. Okay, maybe a little crazy but there is truely sisterly love here in st Nicks.
Thank you teachers for guiding me throughout. I'm sure Mrs Seah still hates my handwriting no matter how I try to change a little here and there or become more careful and she continue to point out about my handwriting in class (I used to mind about it.. but with unity, who cares. LOL) Ms yee who obviously know I'm the most mischievous person in the world yet chasing her like crazy or asking her questions that are out of the book. I'm sorry for being too nosy or curious.. and at times, making ms yee find extra stuff for me or calling her specially to come down to help me. Mdm suah and Mrs Ong trying their best to help us understand physics concepts etc. No doubt, I'm sure I'm really annoying cos I keep pestering them... Especially Mrs Ong. Mrs Chan who is very blunt in commenting but never mind. I learn.
And many other teachers who guided me and helped me along the way.
Sometimes I admit I feel like screwing the teacher but then again without them I wouldn't be where I am.. I would probably be floating around and still not know where is my mistake etc.
And a huge thank you to everyone who made my life in st nicks possible. I've learnt from everyone. Learning is fun in st nicks. Its really great and I enjoyed it.
St Nicks has taught me a lot. From the girl who was so blur in primary 1 to a girl with a clearer head in secondary 4. I'm grateful I was given a chance to be able to make it back to secondary 1 because I think I'll probably still be a very closed up person and not grow much. And maybe I still do not have an aim in life.
I've learnt alot from my primary school friends, juniors, seniors, greyguides, 4 unity... And I'm grateful to be able to meet everyone here in St Nicks. I've learnt the true meaning of sisterly love... and along with our values... truth justice freedom and love.. Nightstudying, helping each other unconditonally... I don't think I'll ever get that again. Prayer service where teachers pray for us and day of reflections etc. Morning mass... Morning assemblies (Where I dread at times) morning jog (which I admit I only do 2 instead of 3 at times..) Yes. I'm going to miss all these. Randomly hugging each other because I'm too happy... I'll always remember these moments. I've truly grown alot from each of these. Including all those lame ICT workshops or learning journey. I still learnt something out of it! :-) and I actually want learning journey now.
I actually have a lot to say but its 12.17am. I actually took almost 2 hours to type this out...
Cleared the class today. I felt really sad. From the nicely decorated class with everything turns empty and now nothing. All ready for Olevels. I hope that Unity stays in contact even though we're in cliques here and there.
Gonna study real hard for Os. Unity is gonna be a miracle class. Faith.
Gonna miss the aunty and the uncles.. Made friends with so many canteen aunty and uncles because I've seen some for 10 years and I eat a lot. Sure they'll remember me. Plus.. I'm really chatty haha.
And the cleaner aunty that I made friends with... helping her at times when she need help etc. (I actually hated helping but I've grown to take initiative and help and clear up and not leave it to the aunty and uncles)
Haha someday, if I ever decide to become a teacher instead.. I hope I teach st nicks. Or become school dentist luh. whatever. I just don't wanna leave st nicks. I'm starting to miss everyone. Can't imagine life..
Once a st Nicks girl, forever a st nicks girl.
Once an IJ girl, forever an IJ girl.
I'm very proud of being a St Nicks student.
There are too many things to say. This is too overly summarised?
No comments:
Post a Comment