08 November 2007

P5 leadership camp

I left the house to go for my leadership camp,on 5 November.I woke up early in the morning to get ready for my camp.My father made for me scrambled eggs to eat.I ate them and put on my shoe and went to school, just on time!We had a briefing and we set off to our destination.

DAY 1-
We arrived at our destination at 9.30am and we had a briefing there in the canteen.Before we leave the canteen to go to our dormitory to put our things, we had a briefing on the rules.
-Do not eat in the dormitory.
-Do not drink in the dormitory.
-Do not play torchlight in there or you have to wash the toilets.
-Lights off on time or you will wash the whole dormitory.


That is so strict but we followed.After we put our things in the dormitory,we brought our day pack,utensils,water bottle and pens along.We put our utensil in the canteen and went to different corners of the campsite to discuss the objectives off this camp.My group is group 7.

My objective is to gain self confiedence,trust my friends and to know that teamwork is important.Later we wrote our objectives on the majong paper.At 12pm all groups gathered at the canteen for lunch.We said grace and started eating."Yucks!"but I ate finish my food.I learned not to waste food as I will be very hungry.

After lunch,my class,group 7&8 went to the assemble area to play 2 games.one was captains on the deck.Have you heard off it?It was being played like: the teacher says:captains on the deck!We will reply: I I captain.The teacher will comment 4 men rowing,light house(2ppl),5 men eating,sailer in the boat(3ppl).If the teacher shouts out any of them we will have to find our own group if not you will be out.The next games requries two benches and at least 17 people.15 will be on the bench and the other two will be the supporters.the teacher will say eg:ppl who wear spectacles,please stand on my left and the rest stand on the right.Without getting down the bench we had to move.This will require teamwork!


Later we had tied up rope and we had to join in a circle and the rope has to pass true all off us without letting our hands off.The 1st round we took 3 min but as the rope got shorter we to lesser time and the least is 1 min and39 sec!

Later we got ready our bathing materials and lind up in our groups at our assemble place.Ms lim told us that two girls must share one cubical.She told us thatch off us face the opposite site and we will rotate round and round.We queue up for a verylong time just to take a bath.


Then after we bathe we went to the canteen to eat dinner.I is very noisy and we had to wait for everyone eat keep quiet,say our grace,settle down and prepare for getting our food.We wasted half and hour just on dinner and so part of our dinner time is gone.

At night we were supposed to go for our night hike but because of dangerous things on the ground we play blindfolding game and the objective is to trust our friends.We blindfold ourselves and in our groups we line up in our line and walked for quite a time till we reach somewhere near the canteen.We settle down,blindfolded.We are then told to take out our blind fold.Soon we went for our song session it is to prepare for the next day's camp fire there are many cute songs.At night, we went back to our dormitory to change.Before I slept,I said my prayer with my friends and applied my powder.

DAY 2-
Rise and shine.I woke up early and brush my teeth and change my clothes.We had to assemble at the assemble area before we eat our breakfast.I finished the breakfast totally clean as I am famished!I then go and wash my utensils and get ready for my rope courses.Although I did not get to do all but it is really scary!i was shaking on top and instructor Cindy said that I looked like I was dancing.


Whoa!It is really scary.I almost got heart attack when I look down and that was how my feeling was up there.But so sad it rain we went in side a dormitory to practise our cheer for the campfire.It is a long practise before we go and do our flying fox.The helmet smells like...Ew...I am very scared.Somemore I am the first to do the flying fox. At first I felt like I was dropping but at the end I find It very fun but very scary!Although we did not do the abselling but I was very happy I had lots off time.Soon It was our lunch time I ate finish the food as I was totally famished.Well that is a good sign for me!

After we ate we get ready our things and went for our hill hike.My class climbed and I learned that relaying front people relaying message is important that could be called teamwork.There are many steps than I thought so when I climb the mountain it will be worse!My friends told me:"had you just take a bath?"Well Really I swet alot!So if I climb another few more times i will lose weight.Maybe just5 times can lose only 3 kilograms!So,ten times can lose 6 kilograms only!So sad.We made our way back to the campsite to bathe but before that they gave out our camp T-shirt.

They said that after we bathe,we will have to wear it.Well we queue very long as our friends at dormitory 6 came to our toilets as there is a frog inside.We queued and wait till they are done but not long after Anabel and I went into the cubical,The instructors cames to the toilets and chase us out they even switch off the lights.We then went for our dinner and eat we said grace and i finish the food with a few big mouths.Then I got ready for the campfire.
We sang the songs that we learnt the night before and followed by our cheers.At night we had our debrief and we slept.


Day3-
Rise and shine we woke up early to have our breakfast.Than we went to a dormitory to clean.Luckily,I bring my soap so i don't need to wash the toilet but I have to clean the dormitory.It is a lot better than washing the toilet.Soon it will be our prize presentation.Althought we din not win but we are still happy as we had fun.
Later we went back to school.




No comments: