Look, I had forgotten at least half of what happened last week.
Either my life was too eventful or it was not eventful at all until yesterday.
The last 2-3 weeks was a struggle but I glad I survived it and I'm left with 4 weeks till the end of term 3 and probably around 40+ more days to promos.
I had to look at my diary to remember what had happened from 16 July to today, 8 August.
Starting from yesterday...
Yesterday was an eventful day because I was so dead by the time I reached home that I couldn't even stay awake doing a bit of work and it felt so good because I was WAY too tired to wake up in the wee hours of the morning to study today.
Started my day off with SL day rehearsal for the concert with the elderly and after the J1s. (After their SL- Big Sweep). Honestly, I was quite upset because I was not able to join my class to do big sweep and though I've done big sweep quite a few times at toa payoah, I still want to do it with my class and not just the advocates.
And because SL day task force had helped my YFC task force, I helped them by acting in their concert. Honestly, I regret because it was time consuming and I don't have any talent in acting at all. Well, though I think I screwed up the performance, I THINK that I enjoyed myself because I've learnt a lot through all the various rehearsals which I'd never learn in the future.
With the other actors and actresses.
And the backstage people.
After which I went to St Nicks for Fiesta.
That was taken at around 5pm when fiesta was about to end but it was still really crowded especially at the dunking machine there because everyone was waiting to dunk the principal ($888), Ms Susan Lim ($1888) and Ms Sharon Law ($888). I was too old to sit on the rides and just spent my $10 coupon on food and most of the time socializing.
I met up with my primary school friends, secondary school friends and also finally met Ms Yee.
4 Unity 2012. (': I miss these people.
6 Hope 2008 people! I can't believe it! xD
With Ms Yee! Best Chem teacher and Best teacher ever!
With the guides!
Honestly, given 3hours (less than 3 hours), its totally impossible to catch up with so many people. Didn't even get to talk to Ms Yee, Mrs Seah etc and my juniors ):< However, it felt good to be back in St Nicks. Though the fiesta wasn't what I expected... (I expected it to be all over the school, with the primary section. Just like Primary 6 and Primary 3) but I must say it was well done given that the time to plan was too rushed. It certainly felt good to see many faces again and to talk to them and all the hugs (which its probably too weird to go around hugging people in JC). I'm not going to spend my time reminiscing my old days from primary 1 till secondary 4 but I just hope to see everyone soon... Again. Ayana, Amanda and I then watched that girl in pinafore and I must say it is a good movie. However, I feel though the show is relatable to some extent, the storyline is too cliché and to predictable. I could predict the ending and their next moves. But, the movie really taught me a lot though I thought the ending was quite lame. Well, it showed what reality is. Worth watch!
Last Friday, 2nd August 2013 was YFC's last street sales and we had many volunteers because of the advocates and other volunteers. It was indeed a long journey. From selling lightsticks at Orchard to selling at Marina Bay to selling ice gems at East Coast Park to Raffles and back to Marina Bay. {Note to self to write a reflection when the whole YFC journey is done}
We've been through a lot. I guess... We sold 2500 packets of ice gems... It was seriously not funny anymore when you wake up each day with 15 boxes (for me) at my door waiting for me to clear them. 84 boxes to 0 boxes. I've also learnt a lot. A lot about the society and a lot about handling money. Handling money is not easy and I must say, accounting and business is not for me. Besides, I learnt that it is not easy to do business. (DUH) but it is even more not easy when we're kids, holding a license, selling packets of ice gems and lightsticks. I do know that people will question our reliability factor and it is hard to explain despite the license and everything. People in Raffles are too busy to stop for us to even hear us spread our cause. Door-to-door just don't open the door and here, we have east coast park.... That Friday night at marina bay, we saw SA's security guard uncle along with his girlfriend/wife at Macs at 10pm and it was seriously really funny. HAHAHAHAHA. I also heard the NDP rehearsals like a lot of times and honestly, I'm addicted to it though many said it isn't good. (Don't judge me... I may dislike it initially but its addictive and the lyrics are actually fine!) I just dislike the rap because it doesn't sound like one and the lyrics are tad weird.
28/7/13 Sunday...
We sold 17 boxes of ice gems at east coast park in total from the 2 sales...7/7/13 and 28/7/13. Selling 10 on Sunday was probably the best thing ever because that was like whooping 300 packets gone. And it is the best place to sell at because people there do want the ice gems and they're receptive to listen to our cause. Some may not really believe but they buy it simply because they want it.
We used a bike to deliver ice gems to volunteers selling to people at different ends of the park so that they do not have to travel so far and honestly, I think it was good because they didn't have to keep walking back to the center of East Coast park just to collect more ice gems.
And say Hi to the delivery woman! Talking on the phone with one hand "OMG WHERE ARE YOU. I'm at xxxxxx"
It was seriously tiring. but I enjoyed myself cycling up and down. (-:
And YFC graduation picture. Last STREET sales by the beach.
26/7/13 FRIDAY
Met up with the guides and this time with SAM! Caught up with them again and totally miss everyone and missed Sam too!
Unity guides! (Y)
I guess we took way too many pictures ):< and it will be crazy to upload them all and Amanda could still piggy back me. HAHAHAHA and she probably grew stronger from taekwondo. By the way... we ate Manhattan at the open space/playground of J8 and I swear we're probably the only ones who actually do that! Anyway, the long holiday is here and its 6-7 weeks more to promos. Time is passing faster than I expected and I'm still struggling or I'm STARTING to struggle with my balance study+CCA+entertainment life... Maybe its because everything is starting to get harder or I've been watching too much drama/movie/exo these days. WHICH I don't think so. Maybe its because of CCA. The many rehearsals and YFC which made me real tired and I'm really afraid to fall sick again. Sleeping at 2am/3am is really not a joke anymore because I'm starting to get more tired and yet I've to at least try to read up or understand stuff or I'll die the next lecture and I don't want a snowball coming after me. Plus I had to do PW.
This national day holiday is like 80% study and 20% play. 20% is probably used to type this blogpost and tomorrow's national day parade.
Alright... Time to repair my EOM, and revise gravitation!
Bye!

Happy national day xx!
Someday... when I grow up, I hope to contribute back to society :-)















No comments:
Post a Comment