18 August 2012

the fighter

Oh my goodness, I got a freaking A2 for my chinese Olevel.
And even better is that I got a distinction for my chinese Oral. I mean after all that examiners laughing at my weird structures and awkward vocabulary I still managed to get a distinction for my oral and my first distinction in my pocket....
some-blonde:

° by 333Bracket on Flickr.
Like even though like around 42% got distinction but like I think around 10/12 in my class scored distinction and best, most scored A1 from my class but thats not the case. I mean, chinese is one of my weakest subject and after nights of like studying for 2 weeks before the paper (I meant I just memorise all the phrases and all the cheem cheem stuff and whack during the paper) till like 1.30am and juggling all the other rubbish like during homework after homework.... And extra lessons till 5pm 2 weeks before the paper..Missing guides and everything... I'm just really grateful for everything luh. Like to hu lao shi who spent so much time helping us (even calling me like down that morning before oral to help me at like 6.30am..) and all the friends who told me I could do it. Especially ah beat... Who insisted that her six sense work and all and sometimes sitting down to listen me read chinese passages. Oh AND 4 UNITY (:

Praise the lord!
Oh yeah I guess I lost a lot of tears yesterday because I literally balled my eyes out and cried when I saw my results. (with hu lao shi trying to ask me to consider retaking to try for A1) Okay, wait I cried when the principal said that its the best resut in 10 years when she announced through the PA system because I was so scared that I'd get C5 considering all the stupid stuff that I did like you know... first time attempting formal letter writing during the paper. I know its plain stupid but I didn't have a choice when I didn't understand the email and all.. Oh my goodness hahaha. And the best part was that when I checked with all the possible answers (like teachers and all) I only got like 17/30 for my MCQ wow and I was so upset... And I cried even harder when almost all of us, 12 of us got a distinction. OH MY GOODNESS, ITS LIKE CELEBRATING OUR SUCCESS TOGETHER, (you never know how that felt. It was so good.) praying together before the results and everything... I guess being stuck with each other together for 2 weeks before our paper for 2 weeks really bonded us together.

Yupp and now though its just chinese I feel 10x more motivated to work really hard for my other subjects because its actually the start of something good. I am hoping to see more A2/A1 in my olevel cert.. Even though I highly doubt that it is possible to get all distinction but I'm still going to work really really hard even harder than before and not turn into a freaking nerd too! Guess I'd want to balance out doing other stuff like trying to blog when I have stuff to say and other stuff like normal people do. I mean I'd really take part in all my class activities and not like "Oh its olevel, I'm not going to take part. I have to go home to study..."  I mean a person have to balance life out right? HAHA. Anyway 4 unity is awesome :) Apart from some hiccup we have here and there but I guess we can move on together as a class and celebrate our success next year.
I'm thankful for the class I'm in because honestly, without them, there wouldn't be me... now. Where I'm standing.

Up next: English Olevel Oral on the 27th of August.
               Prelims starts on the 24th of August.

Wish me luck! :}
Now playing: I wanna dance with somebody

I think I better get off before my mum comes back and realised that I'm using her laptop to blog and not studying..

1 comment:

sarah said...

hello bub. i'm proud of you too :) lets study more during free period now. woohoooooo~