31 December 2013

Round and round 2013

Last blog post of the year, better make my reflections count.

I must say that 2013 is much more hectic that what I actually imagined it to be. I never thought that every action would count. The opportunities I was given in St Andrew's Junior College were overwhelming. I never thought that I would come this far.

What have I accomplished from my resolution's list: lol I'm looking at this year's new year's post. 2013
  1. Stay healthy (WTH I was sick for 2 weeks before my CTs till I couldn't even get out of bed to study.) 
  2. Lose weight (Idk leh.)
  3. save money like at least 50 bucks a month or something (I did but I spent all during the holidays)
  4. Be it JC or Poly... work hard and get promoted (JC. Promoted)
  5. keep in touch with all my friends (Totally did.)
  6. Learn more guitar skills (already did!:P) (Not at all... :( Didn't even touch my guitar)
  7. Be a good girl (Omg I think that I'm good girl.)
  8. Be more responsible... (Probably??)
  9. Control my temper (Bitching did go out of control at one point but I think that keeping everything within me is gonna be for quite some time.)
  10. Stay happy (I think I'm quite happy?)
MUCH MORE ACCOMPLISHED THAN 2012 HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.


Looking back, I must say that I'm leaving 2013 with little or no regrets.
Accomplishments: omg I feel like I'm so thick-skinned.
Academics:
  • Honor Roll for Common Test
  • Honor Roll for Promos
  • Academic excellence
  • Good Improvement Award (MOE)
  • Bursary (MOE)- which I'm not applicable :((
  • Took Alevels Chinese!!! :D
Activities:
  • [SL DAY] Acted on stage in front of more than 700 people
  • [YFC] Raised $8000+ for the Lions home for the Elders
  • [YFC] Managed to get sponsorship for 2500 packets of 80g of ice gems
  • [YFC] Street sales at the beach - Something I've never thought off
  • [YFC] Helped our VWO to get best VWO award
  • [PW] Finished an official written report
  • [PW] Spoke for 5 good minutes - It was uncomfortable
  • [PW] Scored a few interviews despite being rejected many times repeatedly 
  • [HERALDS] Recorded a Christmas album - I played the guitar (I wasn't supposed to. I was supposed to be the manager)  
  • [HERALDS] Produced the Christmas album
  • [HERALDS] Shamelessly promoted the Christmas album
  • [HERALDS] Raised 3.6k$ in 20 days
  • [HERALDS] Took the LRT for the first time while delivering the album.
  • [HERALDS] An interview with Straits Times
  • [ADVO] Made friends with big sweep auntie
  • Stepped out of my own comfort zone
Others:
  • Not sleeping in lectures and tutorials
  • Went to kbox
  • Went biking
  • Met up with many people
  • Made many friends
  • Stayed in a hostel for 2 weeks
  • Attended Infinite's One Great Step concert
  • Created instagram: Instagram
  • Pierced my ears
I've done more than what I've expected. I'm so thankful for the opportunities SA have given to me. That would include the honor rolls because I've probably never ever been top 50% or 60% of the cohort in my life. I'm also thankful for being given a chance to join advocates in which I've learnt so many things from my peers and teachers. Not only that, through advocates, I was given a chance to participate or initiate in so many activities that I never thought that I would have ever done.
I must say that I'm very glad that on top of all the activities I participate in, I'm still able to have quite a social life and that includes going out with my secondary school friends. ie meeting Teresa, Clarissa and YanYing before promos for an entire late afternoon till evening, going for kbox, meeting up on Friday nights or just a fun hangout session in the middle of nowhere and even more. (I swear my mom probably wanted to flip. I was quite worried for myself too.)

2013 summarized:
  1. Worked
  2. OG24
  3. 13S06
  4. Advocates
  5. 2 weeks hostel stay
  6. Advo TBC camp 2013
  7. MSA
  8. Advocates inauguration ceremony
  9. PW PW PW
  10. YFC
  11. J1 SL DAY
  12. Pulau Ubin with Advo
  13. Willing Hearts
  14. Cleaned the school
  15. Promoted to J2
  16. The Heralds
  17. Played Pool
  18. Bowled many times
  19. Making an album
  20. Infinite concert
  21. Studied

That's probably what I've done in year 2013.

What I regretted:
I regretted not being closer to my class. I could've put in more effort to be closer to them but I didn't care. Well, not like they'd care but I feel that its really sad because of the differences between the MANY (no more 2) cliques.
I also regretted saying that I didn't study for common tests because the results showed otherwise and I'm pretty sure people hated me for that. I'm really sorry. Even if I don't say anything people would probably say something.
I probably neglected some people too.
And importantly, I regretted not joining Junior Cats to become a catechist in my church. I've grown apart from quite a few people.
Like what people tell me, I can't be everywhere and I need to learn that.
What I would like to say is that I'd like to apologize if I offend anyone this year because I said that I didn't study but the results showed otherwise. I'm really sorry. I don't know what I should say in the future and I hope that no one asks me any of such questions in the future because I'm just going to keep quiet- whether I've studied or have I not. I also would like to apologize to anyone that I offended unknowingly.

Likes | Tumblr

I'd like to officially bid 2013 goodbye.
I've yet to complete my drama- school 2013 and its ridiculous if I watch it next year so I'm gonna watch it.
See ya in year 2014 with my new year resolutions.

No comments: