Promos are finally over and it was really a torture.
I admit I did somewhat study hard for it but I don't think I'm a no life mugger.
Anyway, it was torture because part of me wants to do well but part of me just wanted to slack and sleep at 10pm everyday. (It never happen after exams.) I just hope that I promote. Its like history repeating itself... sometimes, I find myself questioning the formulas the nearer the exams just like Olevels. Its like who am I to question newton's law of gravitation? It was so miserable because I kept doubting all the physics and chemistry stuff and I can't help but doubt.

And there were times when I felt so unmotivated because I feel that its impossible to even get into dentistry or medicine because there are many better people out there competing for the same spot. I wondered what happened if I'm offered H3 (which will not happen because I didn't study hard enough). If it puts me at an advantage to get into the course I want, I might consider but I've to make sure I don't go crazy too. I need time to play too.
Anyway sad stuff aside. Many fun stuff (well, to me) happened in the 6 weeks.
I think I'll start from yesterday and I'll go backwards. Long blogpost ahead.
Saturday 5/10/13- One Great Step
After counting down for 40 days, down to the hours and the minutes, that moment actually arrived and I can't believe my eyes that I'm actually watching infinite live. With a pretty good seat. Though I don't get to see their faces up front and experience their fanservice, being there was good enough for me.
After the long wait, watching music videos and singing together on the big screen, infinite appeared.
I was really shocked because their live was really good (Destiny shocked me). Sunggyu's voice was really strong, L's voice is very unique, Sungjong's voice is so cute, Woohyun's voice is beautiful, Dongwoo and Hoya are really awesome rappers that can sing. :b
I sound like some insane fangirl because I'm obviously suffering from the after effects of a concert. As usual. SS4 and SMTOWN. HAHAHA.
By the way infinite has one of the best best best fanservice ever. Though I'm not at the moshpit (AND I REGRETTED IT), I still enjoyed it a lot.
I was shocked because there was no translator in the concert and they spoke in English. Though its a bit of broken English and the pronunciation was weird, I still loved it.
Sunggyu's 60 seconds was lovely. Like his voice was so clear and good. I've been listening to 60 sec since last year when it was released and I never thought I'd listen to it live with my own ears. It just sends me goosebumps. Same for woohyun singing beautiful. (The major factor that pushed me to attend the concert was when I saw the performance list) Beautiful is my most favourite song in the new challenge album because the lyrics are really nice! Oh my god and L's dimples when he played the guitar and sing. He was so shy he hid behind the teddy bear.
The inconvenient truth music video was super funny I wished they would release it but then it would spark loads of controversies. I secretly videoed it down because I want to watch it. :p Sorry I only videoed this down.
Sungjong spoke tamil and I can't believe it myself too he is so cute!! By the way his English is the cutest! His face and everything all the aegyo and L patting Sungjong's head.
ps paradise in wifebeaters... LOVELY I tell you. LOVELY.
Can U smile was one of the most memorable one though because it was the first song that I heard when shar introduced to me back in 2011. When they split stage... I was like "Oh shit who should I follow" LOL.
I can't list out all the songs because I think I'd go insane, I'm just really grateful to be able to listen to them live with the guitar, drums and all (SMtown and SS4 didn't have for every song). It was an amazing experience when everyone did the fan chant together " I N F I N I T E" that part during fly high before special girl by Infinite H and everyone sang special girl together.
I wished L would play the guitar for in the summer though.
Singapura is my favorite song now because Infinite sang it and it was really cute.
"Singapura, O Singapura, Sunny island set in the sea
Singapura, O Singapura, Pretty flowers bloom for you and me"
Aww I wished I could rewind because its not enough. I mean after counting down for 40 days and its over in 3 hours.
Thursday 4/10/13- end of promos
Thursday marks the end of promos. Well, I did not countdown to Thursday. My countdown timer only stopped on the first day, signaling the start of promos but I was impatiently waiting for Thursday to come while counting down to one great step. Anyway, the original plan was to go cycling but it got cancelled and I was so upset about it ):
But alternative plan when Rosa, Bijuan, Bryan and Jason came to my house to play xbox Kinect. It was so hilarious (They were trying to beat my parents high score). River rafting, fixing holes, reflex thingy and dance central. To be honest the reflex thingy was really tiring as it was so fast. Squat jump left right left right non-stop. We then baked brownies which were overcooked LOL and then played cheat and taiti (I was the asshole and the shit) oh well. I had loads of fun. Went out to have dinner and lepak till really late! Thanks guys.
Friday 20/09/13- My birthday
Honestly, if you question me what I do on my birthday... I did nothing except eating, physics and er attend school? Well, but then again I didn't tell any JC friends that it was my birthday because I feel that there's nothing to even celebrate about it. I just turn older, face the sad fact that I'm older and study for promos just like everyone else. I can't be asking people to play with me right or even expect them to remember even if I tell them.
Then again, I'd like to thank Evan, Clement and Yin Qing because they dragged me to play basketball cos it was my birthday and I need to have fun. And yes, I had fun. Owned them at the ABC shooting thing. And Advo for the messages and cards. I would also like to thank SN peeps, Beatrice's message at midnight was lovely. Melina still trying to be the first but obviously failed. The memes I've got from Alicia and Huijan and all the birthday wishes via whatsapp and messaging and twitter. (I know I replied like super late because I've lessons but I'm extremely grateful for the long messages that I've received).
17th wish? Stay healthy, pass promos and to be a better person.
With my younger brother on my 17th.
Thursday 12/09/13- dinner
Honestly, yes I was crazy. Look, I woke up at 12pm, had plans to study because I didn't study on Wednesday so I switched off my phone.
Well, Teresa had to call me (my phone was switched off and hence it was diverted to my tablet) on my tablet to tell me to check whatsapp. I whined about being lazy to even to and take my phone. Nevertheless, I did. Who wouldn't especially when someone specially called you to check whatsapp.
So it was Teresa, Clarissa and YanYing talking on this new whatsapp group about dinner. Yes dinner. I thought I needed to study but whatever. So I studied for 3 hours in total before zooming off to meet clarissa first to buy Yan Ying's birthday present. We went to body shop and ALMOST BOUGHT THE TESTER. I'd never forget. We were queuing and the person was like "You might want to take a new one". OOOOPS. Haha we then ate dinner together at the Japanese food court, YOLO max talking about our lives. We've been friends for like 7 years? The 7th year is almost coming to an end. Though YY wasn't with us in St Nicks Sec but sure I miss her so much. xD
>> I TRIED TO BE A HIPSTER. AND I FAILED. >< (Reached home really late :p)
Wednesday 11/09/13- KboxHad big sweep. WHOOOOOOOOO!
I swear I spoke Chinese really well to the aunty even though I had to search my phone for some translations. And I was the one speaking half the time cos I can speak Chinese while Vincent can't really. Monique was late though. I was really glad that the aunty opened up to us after many visits since April/March and I really enjoy her company and I hoped she enjoyed mine too. I told her loads of funny things that happened (Its not easy to narrate in Chinese okay) and vice versa. But I glad we kept her company or she would be so bored on a Wednesday morning.
Went for kbox after that. I think I went crazy. We sang many many songs and songs in different languages. We even did pom poms (acers day song) and shake it (school dance) together in the small ktv room that 10 of us squeezed in. And... I really enjoyed myself. (-:
Friday 6/09/13- mooncakes with Vivian
Though I really wanted to go back to St Nicks to visit Ms Yee and wish her happy teacher's day, school ended too late and the sad story of my life: I couldn't wish her happy teacher's day face to face. Well, I went out with Vivian and Ayana. Actually more like I ate with Ayana and Vivian but went out with Vivian. Aww man I miss those 2 peeps so much.
Vivvy and I once again did really stupid stuff. We went around tasting mooncakes. We were shameless. I know. Like we pretended that we'd consider but we just ended up gobbling the mooncakes that were meant for tasting. Well, I got myself a new tablet cover and screen protector. Its less disgusting now :p and talked about our retarded life.
I can't wait to meet Vivian again together with Amanda.
And Shihui, Beatrice, Sharlene etc.

There were many things that happened in between that I couldn't really talk about such as interview with counselor, interview with a caregiver and an ex-caregiver. Not to mention doing YFC final report while waiting for my group members to finish up their parts so that I could compile them. (I swear we're always so last minute. Every time a wild WR draft deadline appear, I flip and I've to sleep so late. But I want my A so I've to work hard for it.)
I've also avoided talking about all the papers because what is done is done. I can't do anything about it and I'm really scared about it okay. ._.
Well, the hectic season is finally over.
Initially: PROMOS, PW, YFC
Now: YFC, PW, CHINESE
It seems hectic but Chinese isn't as time consuming as promos. Besides, I've to work hard for my Mother Tongue because its so embarrassing that my Chinese is terrible and yet I'm a Chinese.
D-21 to Chinese Alevels
D-40 to the last day of school.






No comments:
Post a Comment