07 June 2013

I'm trapped

This whole week sucks. Monday was terrible, Tuesday was terrible, Wednesday was horrendous, Thursday was terrible and Friday (today) is terrible.
Everyday is terrible and I'm not in a mood to actually talk to anyone especially during camp.

I feel that people should learn to be humble yeah? This whole leadership summit was an eye opener because I've experienced so many things that I've not felt in 3 days. Proud people, noisy people, whinny people, people who can't take things seriously... yadiee yadaa. Some people are so damn proud that I sometimes wonder who got them to where they are and if they are really passionate of who they are serving or just for the sake of portfolio.

Okay to be honest, I spent most of my time on YFC and I've learnt so much more than the leadership summit. The world is an indeed a scary place. Talk about being really daring, sending out many mails requesting for sponsorship and nothing in return. Talk about money and how the world really works. Its not simple. Today's amazing grace was an eye opener which made me feel really terrible.
what struck me was this line "is it free?"
We were giving out post cards with notes of encouragement written on it and people just rejected it and some only accepted it because its free. So people only care if its free... Then I had this thought: What will happen if I'm trying to raise funds for an organization, trying to promote a cause. Will people be willing to spend money to buy it?
Honestly, I feel really terrible now because my YFC team and I went straight to khong guan to knock on the doors to ask about our sponsorship letter and they just told us they rejected it which I feel that they could have at least emailed to tell us that they rejected it so that our trip would not be wasted.  But its the harsh reality. Money, financial budget... Its not as simple as what we think.

I've no idea what I'm rambling about but many thoughts came across my mind throughout the whole of today. And honestly, I've learnt a lot because of these difficulties we're currently facing and I still think that we can still be the change even though its not easy in this fast moving society. I've a feeling that there will be more of such shitty weeks and shitty days in term 3 because there will be YFC, Alevel Chinese Oral, PW, Common Test, Chem SPA, Physics SPA.

This is really scary...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

NIC I MISS YOU ): x